Plus One Fitness owner Scott Schwartz’s advice for maintaining your New Year’s exercise goals
We all start off fitness programs with high hopes and the best intentions, but within six months, 50% of all people drop out of fitness regimens. Please understand that fitness is a lifetime journey to a healthier you, not a destination! Here are six tips to help you stay on course:
1. Set Realistic Goals: Settle into a program that is reasonable in terms of frequency, duration and intensity.
2. Believe The Message: You have to realize that an exercise program will make a positive change in your life.
3. Individualize Your Program To Suit You: You aren’t likely to continue an activity if you don’t enjoy it.
4. Get Support: You’re more inclined to stick to your exercise program if you get support from your spouse, family and/or peers.
5. Recognize The Barriers: Identify and develop a strategy to overcome obstacles, such as time, travel, expense, facilities and work demands.
6. Exercise, Don’t Intellectualize: Understand these considerations, then just do it. Focus on adhering to your program. If you can make it past the six-month mark, you are likely to continue exercising for the rest of your life.
PLUS ONE FITNESS
There are no comments. Be the first to post a comment.